- Ideal for difficult abrasive slurry service
- Replaceable elastomer cartridge seats
- Heavy-duty 150-psi stainless steel gate
- Bi-directional droptight shutoff
Materials of Construction
- Cast Iron Body to 24″
- Fabricated Steel Body over 24″
- Optional 304SS or 316SS body
- Gate ASTM A240 T-316
- Optional 17-4 Ph, Hastelloy C, or Teflon coated 316 SS
- ANSI Class 125/150#
- Slurry sleeves: Pure Gum Rubber, Buna-N, EPDM, and Viton.
Red Valve’s Flexgate Valves are available with pneumatic, electric or hydraulic actuators. Other options include limit switches, solenoids and air regulators.
The actuated Flexgate provides long-term abrasion resistance under high-cycle conditions. The valve self-cleans each time it is cycled and is ideal for automated operations.
Red Valve manufactures its pneumatic actuators using Black Amalgon, a fiberglass-reinforced epoxy resin. The actuator material is inert to most corrosive chemicals, hydraulic fluids, water and oil. It has an operating temperature range from -90°F to 225°F and can withstand maximum working pressures of 250 psi. Inside the actuator walls are polished and impregnated with molydisulfide for reduced friction and wear. The piston seal is a long-lasting O-ring. The piston rod is sealed with a lip seal, which is protected by a rod wiper ring. This wiper ring prevents dirt from being dragged through the seal.
Cut Sheet – Actuated Flexgate