- Electric actuation provides precise, accurate control
- Sleeve is the only wetted part, resulting in constant break away torques
- Centerline Closure
- Same face-to-face as gate, plug, or ball valves
- Bi-directional drop tight shutoff
Materials of construction
- Cast iron or aluminum bodies
- Sleeves available in Pure Gum Rubber, Neoprene, Hypalon®, Polyurethane, Buna-N, EPDM and Viton®
- Cone sleeve trim options available to maximize sleeve life in modulating service
- Drilled and tapped to mate with ANSI B16.5 Class 125 flanges
The Series 5800 Electrically Actuated Control Valve is reliable, maintenance-free, and cost effective. Replacing a plug valve, gate valve, or ball valve is easy with the Series 5800 because it has the same face-to-face dimensions. There are no seats to grind, no stuffing box to repack, and no packing gland to adjust, ever. The rugged, self-cleaning elastomer sleeve isolates all mechanical parts of the mechanism, so the break away torque remains constant.
Red Valve Series 5800 control valve closes the sleeve on centerline and can be actuated with an AUMA, Rotork or other standard motor electric operators . Declutch and override components are furnished as standard. Operators can be furnished as an integral part of the electric operator or with a remote station. Optional features include: heaters, thermostats, explosive-proof construction, position indicators, indication lights, and proportioning control from a 4-20mA instrument signal.
The Series 5800 has the same face-to-face as gate, plug or ball valves, ANSI 16.10 up to 6” sizes. Optional 8”, 10”, and 12” are available with cone sleeve trims.